I’m trying to be positive about ice. I’m trying to find something good to say about icy weather. So here are my thoughts….
I love ice in my drinks. Whether its summer time or winter, I like ice in my drinks. I LOVE ice cream
Icy weather brings more togetherness in our family. No one is rushing out the door during icy cold weather. We snuggle more. We cook more. We play more games. We talk more. We go out less which means we spend less.
Icy weather is great! What do you do during bad weather that you normally don’t do when the weather is bright, sunny, and warm?
It’s not often I read a story that moves me to tears and beyond. For me, as I was reading this article/letter, I felt the pain of the writer, I cried. Here is a snip it from the story. Enjoy.
One of the best things you ever did for me was ignore me, and I am forever grateful for your abandonment.
Does that make sense?
Do you understand?
I know what it’s like to feel powerless and angry. I know what despair tastes like, and I know what it’s like to not have a mom.
A Love Letter To My Alcoholic Mother. | Rebelle Society.
My mother told me I had a chameleon soul, no moral compass pointing due north, no fixed personality; just an inner indecisiveness that was as wide and as wavering as the ocean.”
― Lana Del Rey
Our oldest daughter loves tattoos. She says its her way of expressing her artistic personality and tells a story of different stages in her life. Roger Price did an awesome job with what she was wanting. He was able to incorporate the lotus and om with the compass rose. A huge shout out to Roger who works for Filament Tattoo Co. in Wabash, Indiana. I appreciate and respect Roger’s talent with a tattoo gun.
As her mum, I have a different opinions of course. I don’t like so many tattoos on her body. Although, I think this is the largest and most obvious one she has. There’s no hiding it. I do wonder what her tattooed body will look like when she is old and wrinkly. I think I’m just a tad bit old-fashioned. I think they are beautiful on other people, just not my own daughters. 🙂
Do you have tattoos and what do you think of them?
This funeral home is located a few miles south of our little town in Pigeon, Michigan. I’ve never heard of this concept; however, I do wonder if it will be successful.
A drive-through window… hmmm… interesting don’t you think?
MI funeral home opens drive-through window.
My friend and I took a concrete hiking trip in Shanghai to an area unfamiliar to both of us. We wanted and took the metro to a section of town that would be new to both of us. Line 10 took us to Tiangton Rd away from the glitz and glam of East Nanjing, one of Shanghai’s main shopping hubs.
The section of Tiangton Rd. we visited is an old town area in the process of being demolished. Shanghai is notorious for removing the old and putting in new high rise buildings. Sadly, some of the buildings do have to go as they are in a state of disrepair. However, some of the buildings had beautiful architecture designs.
The most surprising discovery of our walk was to see that life still existed within the rubble. Or to see a second floor caved in and the 1st floor with an existing business. Of course when I saw this I immediately shift into a questioning mode of, “why and don’t they”.
Which door should we go through first?
This is one of those buildings I thought had some beautiful elements worth preserving.
I can’t imagine these homeowners are happy with their view. Or, are they part of the buildings that will be soon be demolished as well?
If you look up you see the open window has a satellite. We could tell that someone still lives in this home.
Look closely, do you see they have the light on? You might not be able to tell; but, they have plants up on their balcony.
Surrounded by rubble.
This area was seriously in an unhealthy state as the stench was nauseating. There was an elderly lady playing with children at the end of this section.
The second floor is caved in on part of the building and a business is in existence on the first floor.
Looks like the business owners are sticking around as long as possible.
I always get excited for a fellow blogger when they receive an award and super hyped when I am nominated for an award myself. Six day’s ago a fellow blogger from The Ravenously Disappearing Woman nominated Still-Times for the Field of Flowers Award. Get excited!
Thank you so very much to the fabulous and inspiring writer from The Ravenously Disappearing Woman. Grab a cup of coffee and wander over to her blog, you’ll find yourself fully absorbed in her writing. She’ll make you laugh, cry, cringe, and educate you on emotional eating. Absolutely fascinating! There are two posts in particular that cut to the heart. Her Day 20 post and Day 14 & 15, yeah – read these and let me know what you think :).
The Field of Flowers Award was created by Petite Magique Poetry & Photography from the heart. The reason for creating this fabulous award – “because there are some people who I would give a field full of flowers if I could. Not just a couple of flowers…No, a field full of them”. Pretty awesome wouldn’t you say.
Field of Flowers Award Rules
- Thank the fabulous blogger who nominated you.
- Place this decorative award on your blog.
- Nominate 7 other deserving bloggers and write a little something about why you chose them.
- Let your nominees know that you nominated them.
My 7 Nominees
- This Man’s Journey – I have many favorite blogs. This one touches the heart, mind, & soul. He writes so beautifully about life, his life, family, love, devotion.. This blogger truly deserves a Field of Flowers for his inspirational posts.
- That’s How I See The World – I love the way NgTom expresses himself with words and photo’s. There is one phrase he has in his about page that I love and caught my attention.- “taking a break back to nature may be a proper way to heal the restless heart“.
- LOOTB – I love to read about this young couple. Take a tour with these awesome world travelers, It’s all being done in the name of Education. Giving back to communities in way’s some of us only dream of. Traveling and giving back… living Life Out Of The Box
- Give me 5 Minutes a Day – I need to read a devotional everyday. At times I run out of the house and forget about my devotional until I realize I’m missing something. Not my cup of coffee, not my computer, I’m missing my morning juice – my inspiration or motivation. At times a little humor is all that is needed in place of a devotional. I’ve turned to this blog to find that faith juice I’m talking about. Brad writes about good positive things that make life a little better. Check him out for a good dose of inspiration and a good laugh! Brad, I’m sorry that I forget to click that darn Like button, but I promise you’re touching my heart. 🙂
- My Hong Kong Husband – You are going to love and laugh at her multicultural posts. Oh what a hoot… read this post to start to understand why she is a riot! Why you’re dating a white girl? She’s awesome and a barrel of laughs!
- Pavlos Zikos Photography – An awesome artists that is truly an inspiration. His work is fantastic!
- Living in Another Language – Read all about their life in Korea. You’ll really enjoy her No Poo posts. Amanda is a riot and her blog is amazing! Her writing is also very inviting and down to earth, love it!
There you have it, a good deal of thought went into this post as I struggled with the many, many fun blogs I enjoy and which ones to nominate. I do hope you take the time to enjoy each blog listed as each one is unique and well written.
In the narrow alley’s of this old town where car’s can’t get through, waste is removed via a man pulling a cart. The alley’s and the life we see here is so different from the Shanghai streets where glamour and glitz radiates from the pavement.
I could sit and watch alley life go by all day long….